Skip to content

How to file a complaint

If you believe the conduct of a UC Merced Police Department employee was inappropriate, you may file a complaint through one of these methods:

  • Online: Via the Online Complaint Form
  • By Email: Send a description of the incident to
  • In Person: Visit the UC Merced Police Department (complaint will be forwarded to EthicsĀ and Compliance)

Anonymous complaints are accepted. If you wish to remain anonymous, please include the following in your complaint:

  • A detailed narrative of the events and description of the alleged misconduct;
  • Time, date, and location of the incident;
  • Names and badge numbers of officers (if known);
  • Names and phone numbers of witnesses (if known);
  • Any documents related to the incident, such as photographs, citations, and hospital records.